{Pages}

About Me     fashion     beauty     lifestyle

10 Feb 2015

Valentines make up look

 
 
 
 
Hello!
 
It's nearly time for the most Marmite of all the holidays, valentines day. Me and the boyfriend have never been very big fans but I do love an excuse get a bit girly and wear some very pretty and feminine makeup. I thought I'd share what I'll be wearing just in case I get unexpectedly swept off my feet...
 
 
 
 

I kept my skin light and glowy (as I always do ha) by using my YSL touch eclait foundation. I also used my Maxfactor CC corrector stick under my eyes to get rid of any dark circles and then went over this with the the Rimmel wake me up concealer to make my eyes look nice and bright.
 
 
 
I wanted to keep my eyes quite simple but with a little bit of sparkle so I used my Loreal la palette nude as this has some nice peachy shades and a mixture of shimmers and mattes. Unfortunately the colours aren't named but I used one of the peachy shades all over the lid with a medium brown through the crease and outer corner. I smudged the darkest brown along the lash line as thought liner would be a little but harsh for this look. I curled my lashes and applied a few coats of the Bare minerals lash domination mascara. Looking at the pictures I actually think some falsies would have looked nice, I would probably have gone with the Tanya Burr every day flutter lashes. I used my Soap and Glory Archery pencil on my brows, not a lot to say about these though as they are safely hiden away under my massive fringe.
 

I used the Benefit Coralista blush from the Go Tropical palette. This blush gives a really nice warmth to the skin and has just enough shimmer. I haven't used the high beam or cha cha tine in this look but I really like both of these too. When it comes to valentines day I think it's best to keep lips simple. Most men I know aren't big fans of heavy lipstick and if your planning on having a few cheeky valentines kisses it can be a bit of an issue. I decided to go for the Loreal rouge caresse in the shade lovely rose. This is really hassle free as it's more like a tinted lip balm, the colour's really pretty too.
 
So there you go. I hope you all enjoyed today's post and have a lovely valentines day whatever your plans are. I have quite a lot of makeup posts planned foe the near future but would love to do some more fashion ones soon too. Please let me know if there's anything in particular you 'd like to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment